Teacher Trainer & ELT Publishing Editor
born in 1976 in Razgrad, Bulgaria
EFL, ESL Teacher
Educational Publishing Editor
Oxford Teachers’ Academy Trainer
Cambridge English Speaking Examiner
Education & qualifications
PhD in Linguistics 2014 – Moldova State University Chisinau, Moldova
MA in Applied Linguistics 2009 – 2011 Sofia University “St. Kliment Ohridski” Sofia, Bulgaria
BA in English Language Teaching 1993 – 1997 Istanbul University Istanbul, Turkey
2015 – present Global CPD International – Teacher Trainer & Publishing Editor – Responsible for running professional development courses for teachers and administrators in English-medium school and university contexts, creating and editing style and content of the ELT publications; contributing to the conceptualization of new and revised content, working with a project team on continuous improvement of ELT publications; providing appropriate support and training for English Teachers using the associated publications.
2018 – 2019 Işık Schools Istanbul – Turkey – English Teacher – planning, preparing and delivering lessons. preparing teaching materials. helping pupils improve their listening, speaking, reading and writing skills via individual and group sessions.
2016 – 2018 Altınbaş University Istanbul – Turkey – Prep School Level Coordinator – Responsible for planning, organization and implementation of the curriculum; supervising attendance and lesson plans to meet policies and procedures; discussing the students’ progress with both students and their instructors and provide assessments and reports.
2014 – 2015 Orizont Schools Chisinau, Moldova – English Teacher – assisting the head teacher and governing body in ensuring high quality education for all pupils, continuous school improvement and ongoing staff development; taking responsibility for leading and managing significant aspects of the school; undertaking, in the absence of the head teacher, the professional duties of the head teacher.
2006 – 2014 Drujba Schools Sofia, Bulgaria – Head of English Department – managing teaching resources, organizing and managing extra-curricular activities, collaborating with students, parents, colleagues and teaching authorities, utilizing tailored teaching methods to satisfy different requirements for 3 schools and 1 language-center in Bulgaria consisting of more than 400 students and 15 native and foreign English teachers.
1999 – 2006 Litsey-internat N2 & Litsey-internat N7 Kazan, Russia – Head of English Department – planning and preparation, curriculum development, program evaluation, resource management, facilitating meetings, promoting collegial sharing, communicating information, reporting for 8 schools around Kazan consisting of approximately 1500 students and 35 teachers.
1996 – 1999 English Language Schools Istanbul, Turkey – Teacher of English – teaching English to students studying at various universities, conduct EFL classes for beginner through advanced levels and exam preparation courses for high-school graduates, organize summer schools for primary students.
Presentations and Published Articles:
- Article: The Source and The Driving Force Behind the Modernization of English Language – The Clute Institute 2017 International Conference on Education Proceedings 452-1, 2017 – ISSN 2157-9660
- Article: History of English Language and Tracing the Development of English Language – International Journal of Humanities and Applied Sciences Vol. 5, No. 2, 2016 – ISSN 2277-4386
- Article: Collaborative Learning through Literature Circles in EFL – European Journal of Language and Literature Studies Vol. 6, Nr.1, 2016 – ISSN 2411-9598
- Presentation: The Source and The Driving Force Behind the Modernization of English Language – The Clute Institute International Conference on Education – (ICE-17), 2017 New York, USA
- Presentation: History of English Language and Tracing the Development of English Language – International Conference on Research in Arts, Social Sciences and Humanities – (ASSH-16), 2016 Paris, France
- Presentation: Collaborative Learning through Literature Circles in EFL – International Congress on Social Sciences – (ICSS-10), 2016 Madrid, Spain
- Presentation: “Literature Circles: Collaborative Learning in the EFL classroom” IATEFL in March 2012 Glasgow, UK
Additional experience Conferences and Seminars attended:
- “Learning Technologies” teacher training course at British Council by Desislava Zareva in December 2012, Sofia, Bulgaria
- “ELT Management” teacher training programme at Oxford Teachers’ Academy by Tim Herdon in July 2012, Istanbul Turkey
- “Education Management” practical workshop by Prof. Dr. Vehbi Çelik in July 2012, Ankara, Turkey
- Gave a speech on “Literature Circles: collaborative learning in the EFL classroom” at IATEFL in March 2012, Glasgow, UK
- “Learning, Teaching & Assessing Spoken English” at Gordion Akademi by Tony Gurr & Chaz Pugliese in June 2011, Istanbul, Turkey
- “SAT and TOEFL Preparation Seminar” by AUBG English Language Institute in 2010, Blagoevgrad, Bulgaria
- “Oxford Professional Development Seminar” by Oxford University Press by Bill Bowler in July 2010, Istanbul, Turkey
- “Managing the transition to lifelong learning” by the Department of Information and in-service Training of Teachers at Sofia University “St. Kliment Ohridski” in September 2009, Sofia, Bulgaria
- “Trainer Training Programme’ by Oxford University Department for Continuing Education and OUP in May 2009, Istanbul, Turkey
- attended “41st annual IATEFL Conference” in 2007, Aberdeen, UK
- “Teacher Supervisors’ and Trainers’ Course” at International Training Institute by Tom Godfrey in July 2007, Istanbul, Turkey
- “Teacher Training for Teachers of English as a Foreign Language” by Dr. Herbert Puchta in August 2006, Samsun, Turkey
- “ELT Management Course” by Ruth Woodhall in June 2004, Istanbul, Turkey
- “New Approaches and Tendencies in ELT Methodology” at Institute for Additional Training for Education Professionals of Tatarstan by Sarah Villers in 2002, Kazan, Russia
- “Teaching English to Young Learners” by British Council in October 1998, Istanbul, Turkey
Other skills & qualifications
- Has been approved as an “Oxford Teachers’ Academy Trainer” by Oxford University Department for Continuing Education and Oxford University Press in May 2009
- Has participated in “ELT professional development” training conferences and seminars as a teacher trainer on behalf of “Global CPD” International since 2006
- Contributed as a teacher trainer in “EFL Teacher Development Program”, Istanbul, Turkey in 2007
- Contributed as a teacher trainer in “EFL Teacher Development Program”, Samsun, Turkey in 2006
- Took part in Socrates–Comenius School Project “Teaching Tolerance” in Sofia, Bulgaria 2006
- Awarded 1st place in the competition for “Designing and Developing the Best Foreign Language Class” by the “City Education Committee” in Kazan, Russia 2006
- Received a letter of commendation for his productive cooperation, professionalism and active participation in educational projects in Russia by “Longman Russia” in 2005
An accomplished English Teacher and Teacher Trainer with in excess of 20 years of demonstrated success in teaching, motivating, and directing students while maintaining high interest and achievement in ELT. A skilled communicator who can effectively articulate and justify his practices, and is able to interact with diverse populations of students at varying levels of ability; maintaining collaboration with students, parents and teaching professionals.
Interests and activities
Mainly interested in professional development courses for teachers and administrators in English-medium school and university contexts. Also helps institutions through, consultancy work for ELT and education departments, organising seminars for Education Specialists and also giving academic support and supervision to students studying for higher degrees. His academic research is varied and diverse, mainly focusing on analysing the lexical formation of language and the influence of various interactions in communicative language learning. In addition to teaching within the institutions, aims to serve community through:
- consultancy work for schools and education departments,
- support programs in schools,
- links with other institutions and international school staff and students,
- seminars for teachers from a wide variety of backgrounds,
- developing resource centers for Language Teachers and
- academic support and supervision of students studying for higher degrees.